Here are basic scooter tips
The following are things you can do to maintain control of your scooter, even in an emergency:
- Ensure your scooter is the right size and properly adjusted to fit you.
- A properly-fitted scooter is more comfortable and easier to control.
- A scooter shop can help you choose the correct size scooter.
Properly-fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury.
By law, scooter passengers under 18 years old must wear a scooter helmet while riding on a public road. passengers must be at least 48" tall.
Be Visible and Alert
Even if you obey all traffic laws, there is always a risk of a collision.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, in driveways, or parking spaces.
- Be prepared to take evasive action relating to vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.